So let me just be very honest here and tell you that I have been buying almond milk from the store since the beginning of time but that stops TODAY!
This is creamy homemade almond milk froths so well for any coffee or hot cocoa! You can use this milk in your oats + smoothies + granola bowls + curry etc…it will basically replace your current almond milk for everything you use it with! #sorrynotsorry
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla paste / vanilla essence (2 pitted Medjool dates can be substituted)
- 1 pinch pink Himalayan salt
- 1 liter filtered water
- Nut milk bag / muslin cloth
- Large jug or mixing bowl
- 1 liter glass bottle
This recipe will need to be prepped the day before you want to make the milk
- Place the almonds into a jar or container and soak overnight or for 8 hours, making sure the water covers the almonds.
- Once soaked drain and rinse well.
- Place almonds + coconut + salt + vanilla into a high-speed blender and pulse for 10 seconds.
- Add the filtered water and blend for 60 seconds.
- Pour into the nut milk bag and strain into a large jug
- Store in a glass bottle in the fridge for up to 5 days
Save the almond meal to use in vegan + gluten free baking…recipe coming soon!