Eeeek I can’t believe Christmas is only 2 weeks away!! I am so excited and have been jumping into so many festive recipes and DIY gifting ideas.
These homemade citrus slices are a great addition to your festive decor as well as eco-friendly gift wrapping. Paired with brown paper, twine and greenery they sure make for beautiful presents – not to mention SO cost-effective!
Here are some other clever ways to use them –
- Thread with string to hang around the house / Christmas tree
- Use on cakes and other desserts
- Infuse cocktails/mocktails (cinnamon sticks go well together too)
- Table decor and place settings
- Use as Christmas tree decorations
- Add to a jar of hot water with holiday essential oils and diffuse in the home on Christmas morning
Have fun and let me know in the comments how you use yours!
Makes 12 – 24
- 6 oranges, washed and sliced
- 6 lemons, washed and sliced
- 6 grapefruit, washed and sliced
- 4 sheets of paper towel
Don’t have citrus fruit? Use apples instead!
- Preheat the oven to 80°C (174°F)
- Cut the oranges, lemons and grapefruit into 1-2 cm slices.
- Gently pat down with a paper towel to remove excess juice.
- Place citrus slices onto the oven racks.
- Dehydrate for +/- 3 hours, turning halfway.
- Once done, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Tip ~ for a dark rich colour dehydrate for 4-5 hours or until brown.