Our tree is still bursting with big juicy mulberries, from muffins to jam I will be taking full advantage of these gorgeous berries!
This jam is vegan and refined sugar-free so is a great healthy alternative to regular jam and what’s better than homemade?
It’s great to spread onto toast + PB & J sarmies or to dollop onto a warm bowl of oats.
Makes 1 small jar
- 1 ½ cups fresh mulberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup, adjust to desired sweetness
- ½ fresh lemon, juiced
- 2-3 tbsp filtered water
1 tbsp raw unfiltered ACV (apple cider vinegar) can be substituted for the lemon juice.
- Heat a small saucepan over a medium to high heat and add all ingredients.
- Mix together well and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to a simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring often.
- Using a fork, gently mash the mulberries.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Store in the fridge in a glass jam jar for 1-2 weeks.