Slow mornings in bed with coffee and waffles.. what else could you ever possibly want or need…ever??
Ok but seriously, this waffle recipe is so good and the toppings are even better!
I’m a sucker for PB & J!!
- 1 1/2 cups nut milk / coconut milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- Preheat your waffle machine according to instructions and grease with coconut spray unless using a non-stick waffle maker.
- In a small bowl mix the nut milk, vanilla paste, lemon juice, maple syrup and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt and add in the nut milk mixture, folding gently using a spatula until combined.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the batter into the middle of the waffle maker, gently close and allow to cook for 5-10 minutes, once the steam has stopped carefully open to see if the waffles are crispy and golden brown.
- In a small bowl mix the chia seeds and cacao nibs and add sliced banana, mix together to coat well.
- Once the waffles are ready, top with peanut butter + blueberry jam + coated bananas and enjoy!
Quick Tip: Turn the oven on low to keep the waffles warm inbetween cooking.