During this lockdown period there is no doubt that our oven has been on for most of the day! From fresh sourdough bread to hot cross buns, I have been baking up a storm.
Since we are eating plenty carbs and freshly baked goods we decided to bake some treats for the dogs. As you can imagine Bennie and Lulu could smell the peanut butter from across the house and couldn’t wait for them to cool down so they could munch them down in seconds!
These treats are quick and easy to make and you only need four ingredients, wait till the neighbours dogs smell the peanut butter hehe!
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour (a good quality flour is best)
- 1/2 cup organic peanut butter
- 1/4 filtered water
- 2 free range eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add the eggs and whisk.
- Add the organic peanut butter, filtered water and flour.
- Mix together with your hands to form a dough.
- Place onto a clean workspace and roll into a ball, using a rolling pin roll out the dough until it reaches about 1cm and cut into rounds using a small cookie cutter.
- Place onto a baking tray with baking paper and place into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool on a rack and store in an airtight jar for 2-3 weeks.