There’s just something about weekends and burgers.. maybe it’s just us lol but we love tucking into a big burger on a Friday or Saturday night!
This easy vegan burger is sure to satisfy your burger cravings and goes great with wine, beer or kombucha.
Side note – you can really go to town with this recipe!
- 1 cup The Refillery quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup grated zucchini (can substitute with carrot)
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet potato
- 1/2 cup roasted butternut
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to season
Tip ~ I roast a big tray of butternut and sweet potato that I use for the week #mealprep101
- Mash the butternut and sweet potato in a large mixing bowl, add in the quinoa and mash again.
- Add the grated zucchini, mixed herbs, garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the buckwheat and mix together well.
- Using a spoon scoop out the mixture and roll into balls, you can make them big or small depending on the size of the rolls.
- Gently flatten the balls with the palms of your hands and dust with extra buckwheat flour.
- Heat the coconut oil in a nonstick pan and add the patties.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes on each side or until golden brown and warm throughout. If you can’t cook all the patties together, preheat the oven to keep the cooked patties warm.
- Slice the rolls and place them under the grill until warm.
- Get your burger all dressed up and tuck in!