We are so spoilt to have a massive mulberry tree in our garden and at this time of year, it is covered with ripe mulberries!
I thought we better get our share before the birds arrive!
I usually make a healthy mulberry jam but decided to make fresh vegan muffins instead.
- 1 ½ cups HerbivoreAlmighty Vanilla Oats or any other instant oats
- ½ cup unbleached whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp Himalayan Crystal Salt
- 1 cup nut milk
- ¼ cup soaked chia seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or canola oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla paste
- 1 cup fresh mulberries
Preheat oven to 200°C and prepare a muffin tin if not using paper cups.
In a mixing bowl, whisk the flour + coconut sugar + baking powder + salt + oats. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk + soaked chia seeds + coconut oil + vanilla.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined, gently fold in the mulberries. Using a tablespoon evenly divide the muffin mix into paper cups or directly into the prepared muffin tray.
- Bake on the middle oven rack for 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out the middle clean and enjoy warm with a drizzle of tahini or nut butter.